For CCRI faculty with existing Web sites:
If you currently have a site on the old faculty web at: http://faculty.ccri.edu, which requires FrontPage or Expression Web to edit, (not supported by IT dept.) and would like to migrate your site to the new WordPress Faculty Web, which is entirely web-based and requires no software to edit (supported by the IT dept. and MUCH easier to learn), then please e-mail email@example.com with the subject line: “I want to migrate my faculty website to WordPress“.
IMPORTANT: You will need to log in to a Virtual Private network (VPN) session before logging into you WordPress faculty web from off-campus so contact the IT Service Desk to make sure you have a VPN account. [More about off-campus editing] [More about VPN]
For CCRI faculty who do not have a Web site:
If you do not currently have a faculty Web site and would like to initiate one, please fill-out and submit this form, then watch for the following items:
- A basic site will be prepared for you which will incorporate your CCRI username, for example: “http://facultywp.ccri.edu/jdoe”.
- You will receive an initial e-mail notification that a site has been created as soon as we begin building it.
- As soon as you get that initial email, email the IT Service Desk making sure that “Requesting WordPress training” is in the subject line.
- When your site is ready for you to begin editing, you will receive another e-mail from Web Services stating it’s ready for you.
- At around the same time, you should also get an e-mail from one of the Instructional Support Team members, with information about your training session.
- Your site is "live" the moment Web Services creates it, but when you have edited your site to a point where you feel it should be added to the Faculty Web Site Directory, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Please add my website to the ‘Faculty Website Directory’“.